Restaurants and wine
4 weeks ago
A wine village in the Hérault valley, Languedoc
|Our lady of the peace sits among the pine trees atop the southern most hill of Les Pins.
Despite the whole structure being 9.5m high she's hard to spot from the village, although in the right light there's a good view from the entrance to the Tabac.
Constructed in 1904 the statue weighs 1,750 kilograms. Cast in the foundry at Tusey of Vaucouleurs in Meuse (Lorraine) it arrived by train at Aspiran station.
|On the night of 25/26 August 1944 the lady was credited with miraculously protecting the village from hoards of vandals.|